PAPER NO. 13
THE BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW
- Creation is revelation: necessarily, intentionally and exclusively.
- This revelation is full and clear.
- Eternal life is knowing God.
- The knowledge of God is through the work of dominion.
- The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
- The covenant of creation: representation, probation and manifestation; the covenant of marriage.
- Temptation: the purpose, the agent and the argument.
- Sin: not seeking, not understanding and not doing what is right.
- Death: two kinds of death: physical and spiritual; the wages of sin is spiritual death.
- Theodicy: why is there evil? Evil deepens the divine revelation.
- The first call back: shame (inward/conscience).
The first response: self-deception (cover up).
- The second call back: self-examination (outward/the question).
The second response: self-justification (blaming others).
- The third call back: the promise and the curse.
The promise: spiritual war, age long and agonizing; good will overcome evil.
The curse: toil, strife, and old age, sickness and death; war famine and plague.
The third response: repentance and faith (names his wife Eve).
- Justification: forgiveness of sin through the death of another (the coats of skin).
- Sanctification: cleansing from sin through suffering (the expulsion).